The concept of re-use and recycling has only recently began to be a hot topic of discussion. Clearly, climate change, incessant flooding, melting ice caps, wild life extinction in California amongst other negating consequences of our eat-through mentality has given us more than enough to rummage about.
This article, however, is not a debate about conservation. It is to discuss reclaimed lumber or wood. An increasingly valuable resource, it represents the values of replenishment, reconnecting with erstwhile design styles/architecture, and practicality.
North Highlands, California : Looking to buy or sell Reclaimed Wood or Lumber?
Reclaimed lumber or reclaimed wood (both terms will be used interchangeably in this article) refers to wood that has been used before but extracted (or reclaimed) to re-process for another purpose. Accordingly, the sources of reclaimed wood include barns (source of reclaimed barn wood), factories, farms, salvage companies, or shipping crates in North Highlands CA. A rising number of lumber companies in California also sell reclaimed lumber.
Call us: (855) 976-2220
Specifically though, it is the wood beams and flooring found in these locations—factories, buildings, and storehouses—that provide the acclaimed reclaimed wood.
What Are The Benefits of Reclaimed Wood or Lumber ? Do we ship to North Highlands CA?
- Conservation: Let us start with the save the environment ilk. Rather than chop, chop, chop; reusing wood actually checks the level of deforestation. This has profound effects on resident wildlife in these major lumber mining locations, which has unfathomable positive ripple effects.
- Premium Quality: Without doubt, every wood aficionado worth his or her salt knows that the quality of reclaimed wood in North Highlands, CA is unparalleled. The reason is multi-faceted, but in one word is “STABILITY.” Stability is an important factor, as wood with increased stability are less liable to suffer from further twisting or checking. The acclaimed stability of reclaimed wood is a positive result of its character exemplified by tighter grain pattern, level of curing, and ferrous staining.
- Top Value and Durability: Both qualities are related. First, the history of a piece of lumber is often of prime importance and so has antique value. This follows from the outstanding quality of reclaimed wood. The premium quality also influences the increased durability of reclaimed lumber over fresh sawn wood.
Sapwood or Heartwood – where to find reclaimed wood
Aged trees have two major types of wood. The wood closer to the exterior is the sapwood, and the part of wood that makes up the interior (the ‘Heart’ of the tree) is the Heartwood. The Heartwood does not play any role in keeping the tree alive, and so is dry and harder than the sapwood that routes nutrients and water from the ground to the branches and leaves.
Consequently, the heartwood is more stable than sapwood. Even better, heartwood has better olfactory signature (fancy for sweet smell) and rich attractive color. Therefore, it is in your best interest to ensure that your reclaimed wood is heartwood for better value for your money.
Uses and Types of Reclaimed Wood
In general, reclaimed lumber are re-used for making furniture and for home interiors. In-depth, reclaimed lumber in North Highlands California have widespread use in classic and contemporary architecture and interior designing. The principal uses of reclaimed wood include in furniture, flooring, cabinet lumber, and side paneling.
Call us now! (855) 976-2220
The three major types of reclaimed wood are chestnut, oak, and pine. The most used variety for paneling and flooring in North Highlands is Wormy Chestnut reclaimed wood. Chestnut is often reclaimed from barn wood. Season Fir and Maple are other wood types that are substantially reclaimed. If you are deciding on which type of reclaimed wood to use in coastal areas, Cypress is a terrific choice. It has an uncanny ability to withstand moisture and humidity better.
Reclaimed wood is a top choice. It exudes elegance supplemented by charisma and natural feel wherever it used, it is durable, has top-grade quality, is eco-friendly, and is cost-effective too as you would not treat or temper with the reclaimed wood often.
Reclaimed lumber – we ship to North Highlands 07039
- buy reclamed lumber Chesterfield IL
- reclaimed wood for sale Worthington OH
- reclaimed wood to buy Spring Park MN
- buy salvaged wood Westover PA
- buy reclaimed wood planks Trevett ME
- reclaimed wood lumber Clinton NJ
- where to buy reclaimed wood Bluff City TN
- where can i buy reclaimed wood Bridgeport OR
- where to find reclaimed wood Welch OK
- places to buy reclaimed wood Otto NY
- reclaimed heartwood Chamois MO
- buy reclaimed wood trunk Bloomington MN
- buy reclaimed barn wood Staffordsville VA
- reclaimed wormy chestnut Garfield GA
- reclaimed sapwood Cedar Point IL